LIVINGSTON COUNTY SHERIFF
December 20, 2011
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. Over the weekend a deputy responded to a location west of Chillicothe on a report of suspicious vehicles. The report shows that suspicion of drug use had taken place and marijuana and drug paraphernalia were recovered as evidence. The two men were cooperative during the investigation and the report is being submitted to the prosecuting attorney for consideration of criminal charges. The Chillicothe PD assisted our deputy.
2. On December 15, we assisted the Division of Family Services on a hotline call and checked on the well being of a child in Chula. The investigation revealed no evidence to support any child endangerment or abuse at that time.
3. On December 18, we began an investigation of a reported assault which is alleged to have taken place in the western part of Livingston County. Investigation continues.
4. On December 19, we began an investigation of batteries from equipment having been stolen in the Avalon area. Investigation continues.
5. We have responded to several calls recently of suspicious vehicles and people. No criminal activity was discovered.
6. Yesterday, Deputy Sheriff/School Resource Officer Mike Lewis reported witnessing a pickup drive past two busses which were stopped with their stop sign and flashing lights on Polk Street. Deputy Lewis stopped the pickup and found the 22 year old Utica man to allegedly have a suspended driver’s license. The driver was cited for that violation.
7. We have 39 detainees in the Livingston County Jail, 14 of which are female.
8. Our staff has remained busy on a variety of on-going criminal investigations, calls for service, assisting our citizens and motorists, assisting other agencies, and caring for detainees related issues in the jail.
9. With the approaching Christmas and New Years holidays, we are extending visitation at the jail to include both Friday, December 23 & 30, 2011 in addition to the normal weekend visitations. Anyone wanting to visit on the 23rd and/or 30th may do so under normal visitation rules with exception that time will not be counted against the normal weekend visitation.
10. If you have any information on these or other crimes then please do not hesitate to call us at any time.