December 15, 2011
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. The LCSO has remained extremely busy all week continuing with volumes of investigations for Livingston County and sharing information and recovered property with area county sheriffs and local jurisdictions pertaining to last weeks meth lab raids and subsequent discoveries. We have also been flooded with calls and additional tips regarding these or other crimes and have shared those with the respective agencies.
2. We have obtained a substantial amount of information on alleged child endangerment violation(s) and have involved the Division of Family Services on these cases.
3. On December 14 we began an investigation of alleged child sex offense. We have interviewed the victim and parent. A suspect has been identified and is incarcerated on unrelated matters.
4. This week we investigated a report of dogs being dumped in the western part of Livingston County. A witness reported seeing suspicious activity and provided a license plate. The investigation is continuing at this time.
5. This week we have also remained very busy with Court security and transporting inmates to and from Court appearances and responding to calls for service.
6. We currently have 36 people in custody at the Livingston County Jail, 14 of which are female detainees. We have 2 additional people scheduled to arrive in jail this weekend from Court orders.
7. The LCSO staff has also remained busy with closing out the 2011 budget as it ends December 15. We have been working with the county clerk’s office and county commissioners on this task and preparing for the 2012 budgets.
8. If you have any information on these or other crimes then please call us at 660-646-0515.