LIVINGSTON COUNTY SHERIFF
October 24, 2011
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. Last week a deputy was on patrol in the western part of Livingston County and struck a deer when several deer suddenly crossed the road. Due to the patrol car being equipped with a protective push bumper the damage to the vehicle was minimal with an estimate of $726.00. As previously reported, earlier this month a deputy struck a cow in the south east part of the county when several cattle were in the roadway in the middle of the night. That patrol car was also equipped with a protective push bumper and damage was found to be $405.00.
2. On October 20, a deputy issued a citation to a 34 year old Marceline man for alleged driving while revoked.
3. On October 22, we served a Livingston County arrest warrant on Alan Eugene Kitchener, 29, Chillicothe for alleged Probation Violation on original convictions of 2 counts Class B felony Child Molestation in 1st Degree. The Court initially denied bond on this warrant. We were assisted by the Missouri State Highway Patrol with this arrest.
4. We are currently investigating a report of stolen copper from buildings in the south eastern part of Livingston County. We have questioned one person of interest and the matter remains under investigation.
5. On October 24, Deputy Matt Ahal provided students at South West School with a presentation on Methamphetamine.
6. On October 24, the LCSO and BTC Bank hosted a training program from the Missouri Sheriffs Association in the meeting room in the basement of the bank. We greatly appreciate the generosity of BTC in permitting us to use their facility.
7. Over the last several days our staff has been very busy with criminal investigations, variety of calls for service, assisting other agencies, jail and detainee issues, and removing items from the roadway or helping motorists.