LIVINGSTON COUNTY SHERIFF
September 26, 2011
Sheriff Steve Cox
1. This afternoon about 1:17 we received a 911 call of a reported domestic assault where the female victim was reported to have been stabbed with a knife in the chest area. Wheeling First Responders, Chillicothe Department of Emergency Services, Deputy Fitzpatrick, Deputy Mueller, and Sheriff Cox responded to the scene. Subsequent investigation resulted in the arrest of Shannon Jackson, 26, Wheeling, for alleged First Degree Domestic Assault and Armed Criminal Action. Mr. Jackson was incarcerated in the Livingston County Jail pending formal charges being filed. The victim reported the suspect was threatening to kill her prior to stabbing her in the chest. The victim was subsequently treated for injury which was not life threatening.
2. Over the weekend we had assigned a deputy to work traffic safety enforcement duty which was paid for by a grant. The activity resulted in 20 traffic stops, 3 citations issued, 1 warrant arrest, and a stop of 5 illegal aliens from Guatemala. The illegal aliens admitted they have illegally been in the United States since 1999 and are living in Omaha Nebraska. Our office contacted ICE due to the immigration law violations and we were ordered to release the illegal aliens.
3. On September 24, we served a Livingston County arrest warrant on Tyler Allen Steffen, 26, Liberty, for alleged Failure to Appear in Court. Bond was initially placed at $500.00 cash.
4. We have completed an investigation and applied for an arrest warrant of a registered sex offender allegedly having moved to an unknown location and has not notified our office or registered with any other sheriff.
5. On September 23, we responded to a call of an intoxicated person who was reported to be combative and possibly suicidal. The deputy assisted the family and friends by taking the individual into self protection custody and transported the person to the Livingston County Sheriffs Office and Hedrick Medical Center.
6. On September 18 we began an investigation of property damage at a location on 1st street in Ludlow. A citizen reported 2 tires being slashed by unknown persons(s). Investigation continues.
7. This morning we transported Phillip M. Sader, 30, Kansas City, to the Missouri Department of Corrections in St. Joseph on a parole violation warrant. While there we picked up David Leslie Ramsey, 35, on a Court Writ for mandatory Court appearance on Criminal Non-Support. We also picked up Jacob Albert Slaughter, 22, Lexington, from the Ray County sheriff on a Livingston County arrest warrant for alleged 3 counts of criminal Non-Support. We extradited Colbi Dillion Stottlemyre, 21, Chillicothe, from the Jackson County Jail on a Livingston County arrest warrant for alleged Probation Violation.
8. We currently have 40 people in custody at the Livingston County Jail, 8 of which are female detainees.
9. LCSO staff remained very busy with a variety of on-going criminal investigations, assisting other agencies, responding to calls for service, and assisting stranded motorist.
10. If you have any information on these or other crimes, please call us at 660-646-0515.