1. Over the weekend we took reports of property damage as various mailboxes were destroyed in the areas of Highway 190 and Liv 233 and then in the 9000 and 10000 block of Liv 228. The incidents remain under investigation.
2. The Chillicothe Police apprehended a suspect for allegedly stealing a flag from the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office flag pole. Apparently the former Chillicothe resident was bored and decided to allegedly steal items from around town.
3. An investigation of alleged Attempted Enticement of a Child, Attempted Statutory Rape and Attempted Statutory Sodomy has been completed. Deputies arrested Michael Curtis, 33, Chillicothe on December 16 and he has been charged under the Enticement of a Child Statute. Mr. Curtis remains incarcerated in lieu of bond. Additional charges may be pending.
4. We believe several area residents have been getting phone calls from Scammers, attempting to sell the idea they have won a large amount of cash and prizes, including vehicle(s). The scammers then attempt to gain either personal identity information, banking information, or seek payment to initiate the disbursement of funds/prizes. The best advice we can give is to simply hang-up! If you spend any time talking with these people they often continue to call back in continuing to sell you on the idea of losing your money.
5. December 28 we assisted another agency with a run-a-way juvenile investigation. The child was located and returned to the respective jurisdiction.
6. The LCSO currently has 36 people in custody in the Daviess Dekalb County Regional Jail.
7. If you have any information on these or other crimes then please call us at 660-646-0515.