- On February 16, we transported 5 men to the Department of Corrections in St. Joseph:
- Steven Mack Powers, 53, Avalon for controlled substance conviction.
- Christopher Michael Campbell, 36, Chillicothe, for stealing conviction.
- Shannon Reid Jackson, 26, Wheeling, Domestic Assault conviction.
- Grant Austin Smith, 21, Hamilton, Burglary conviction.
- Tommy John Sebree, 22, Moore Oklahoma, Conspiracy to Distribute Controlled Substance(s) conviction.
- Deputies recently investigated a report of possible child molestation. The information obtained has been shared with DFS and a nearby sheriff’s office where jurisdiction applies.
- We are currently investigating a report of stolen scrap metal and used railroad ties from a location on Liv 251.
- Officers are following new leads on burglaries which took place in Livingston, Linn, and Grundy Counties on or around January 24, 2012.
- The LCSO is currently conducting investigations on 2 sex offenders. One has allegedly moved and failed to report his location as required and the other was discovered to be residing in Chillicothe and had been in prison out of state for Rape, this man has since eluded law enforcement and is not registered. Warrants are being sought for their arrest.
- On February 07, we investigated a report of assault that took place between 2 female detainees in the Livingston County Jail. The suspect allegedly slapped the other female and escalated the situation. The two were separated and the report is being submitted to the Livingston County Prosecuting Attorney for consideration of charges.
- A burglary and theft investigation at a cabin near Roach Lake has resulted in an arrest. On February 10, we arrested Jimmy Ray Fainter, 46, Chillicothe, for alleged burglary and stealing. Mr. Fainter has since posted bond and been released from custody pending his next Court appearance.
Jimmy R. Fainter arrest photo
- On February 15, we extradited Rubin Lawrence Taylor, 40, Trenton from custody of the Grundy County Sheriff on a Livingston County warrant for alleged 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery. Mr. Taylor has since been released on bond.
Rubin L. Taylor arrest photo
- On February 16, we served a Livingston County arrest warrant on Michael Kamren Lent, 22, Kansas City for alleged probation violation on original charge of Marijuana Possession. Mr. Lent remains incarcerated in the Livingston County Jail.
Michael Kamren Lent arrest photo
- The Livingston County Jail currently has 33 people in custody, 7 of which are female detainees.
- Deputy Chris Mueller recently attended recertification training as a Pepper Spray/OC Instructor. Deputy Mueller will soon be recertifying all of our staff on the use of OC Pepper Spray.
- Recently Sheriff Cox attended the town meetings in Wheeling, Chula, and Ludlow while Deputy Jay Cooksey attended the Utica town meeting. Area information was shared with those in attendance.
- If you have any information on these or other crimes, please call us at 660-646-0515.