- On April 05, a deputy investigated a report of an attempted suicide at a location near Wheeling. The individual was taken for professional medical care
- On March 27 we investigated a report of trash dumping on private property near Chula. The landowner did not want criminal prosecution but wanted the responsible party to clean up the mess. A suspect was contacted and made agreement with the land owner to clean up the trash.
- On April 11, we began an investigation of stealing at a location near Highway H. Unknown person(s) stole a tractor battery back in January and have recently again committed the same crime. Investigation continues.
- An investigation of littering which began on April 03 has resulted in a citation being issued to Billy G. Tully, 44, Chillicothe, for alleged Littering on private property near Utica.
- Deputy Sheriff/School Resource Officer Mike Lewis filed a report with our office on an investigation conducted April 02, at the Chillicothe High School. A faculty member notified Deputy Lewis of one or more students allegedly consuming or in possession of alcoholic beverage on school property. The report indicates Morgan M. Graham, 17, Chillicothe was cited for alleged possession of intoxicants by consumption. Also two juveniles have been referred to Juvenile Court for possession of intoxicants and/or possession of intoxicants by consumption. Parent(s) were promptly notified and school officials are taking administrative action as needed.
- On March 31, we began an investigation of fuel theft from a location west of Chillicothe. Victim reported about 100 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen from heavy equipment. Investigation continues.
- On or about April 08, we began an investigation of reported domestic assault at a location in Chula. The deputy obtained information and photographs from the female victim and subsequently interviewed the alleged suspect. The deputy then arrested Caleb D. Hibner, 24, Chillicothe, for alleged Domestic Assault 3rd Degree. Mr. Hibner has since been formerly charged in Associate Circuit Court and posted bond pending his next Court appearance.
Caleb Hibner booking photo
- On March 30, Deputy Sheriff/School Resource Officer Mike Lewis began an investigation of a reported theft at the Chillicothe High School. A female student reported her purse had been stolen from the lunch room. Investigation continues.
- On April 06, we began an investigation of burglary and theft from a rural building on Liv 238. Victim reported that on March 10, someone entered his building and removed 6 Stihl brand chainsaws, 1 Husqvarna chainsaw, 1 electric trolling motor, and various chains and other items. Investigation continues.
- On Tuesday evening, Sheriff Cox attended the Utica Town meeting where area information was exchanged.
- Three days this week Deputy Chris Mueller attended drug training conference with the Missouri Sheriffs Association Training Academy.
- Currently we have 30 people in custody at the LCSO Jail, 11 of which are female detainees.
- On Tuesday we transported 18 detainees to Circuit Court for Criminal Law Day before Judge Thomas Chapman. On Wednesday we transported 4 detainees to Associate Court before Judge James P. Valbracht.
- If you have any information on these or other crimes, please call us at 660-646-0515.